I’ve been making transmogs!! But while I hunt for time to cut them out and type up entries, I thought I’d post this as well. (From Alternative)
1. Why did you start playing Warcraft? My boyfriend at the time had discovered it as it was released, and I thought it’d be fun. I toyed around with it on his computer before deciding to play on my own – on his account, I made a druid named Tarindrella (SO original), because I thought Night Elves were the prettiest of all the vanilla races.
2. What was the first ever character you rolled? Crystallia, a Human Arms/Fury warrior on Cho’gall. (She no longer exists because said boyfriend deleted my entire account after we broke up and I lost everything.) When I had to make a new account, my first character was a Draenei Shadow Priest named Lanalia on Perenolde, my second home.
3. Which factors determined your faction choice in game? It’s what my boyfriend at the time was playing, and where I ended up meeting friends and running a guild.
4. What has been your most memorable moment in Warcraft and why? Other than finding out my first account was deleted? LOL. Umm. Flirting with my now-husband in game – I asked him to come help a damsel in distress ’cause I was so bored of killing everything that moved in Nagrand. (LOL!) Runners up are getting the A’lar mount after a year of farming it (I screamed), old Scholomance & Karazhan (my favorite places), and sitting up in the waterfalls of Nagrand and getting to know my now-husband as we talked back and forth.
5. What is your favourite aspect of the game and has this always been the case? Currently, I like raiding and exploring more. This definitely hasn’t always been the case – I used to hate exploring, and I’d only level through dungeons. Now, though, I’m working on going back to do the Loremaster achievements (slowwwwwllllly) and it’s fun. I also like collecting pets and mounts – which hasn’t been the case simply because it hasn’t been around!
ETA: Oh my goodness did I honestly leave transmogging out of this??? Suffice it to say that it’s my #1 favorite activity, for sure… I do it so much I don’t even think about it as “extra” anymore!!
6. Do you have an area in game that you always return to? Nagrand will always be a favorite & sentimental spot.
7. How long have you /played and has that been continuous? I’d have to look at it, but I’ve been playing since vanilla. My second account was created in BC, and the only extended break I’ve taken was in Cataclysm.
8. Admit it: do you read quest text or not? Now I do, since going back for the Loremaster. It’s interesting! When I level an undead, though, I’ll be all over that quest text from the start.
9. Are there any regrets from your time in game? No, even after losing my first account. Because I lost that account, I was going to quit. Then one of my best friends talked me into coming back and playing on her server, and got me in her guild. And then, I met the love of my life – my husband – through that guild and thanks to the fact my first account was stolen and deleted.
10. What effect has Warcraft had on your life outside gaming? Well, like I said – I met my husband through WoW, so I’d say that it affected me in that I got married, I moved across the country, and I got an awesome job. Eventually I’ll be able to credit it for my children. ;)