Or, simply, a 2x tier post.
For me, I find most tier sets to be rather boring. There may be one or two pieces you can switch out to make a nice match, but overall – it’s still a fairly generic tier set. So then it becomes about finding amazing weapons to match, which is really what this post is all about – the weapons I use for each of these particular tier sets.
The first tier set is the Conquerer’s Deathbringer set. I am a huge fan of the purple version of this tier set, so that’s what I’ve gone for.
For this particular tier set, there is an orange/blue recolor and a maroon/cyan-type-blue recolor.
And obviously – tier sets are warlock only.
Level Required: 90
- Conqueror’s Deathbringer Shoulderpads (Purchased from Paldesse in Dalaran for 1 Mantle of the Wayward Conqueror)
- Conqueror’s Deathbringer Robe (Purchased from Paldesse in Dalaran for 1 Breastplate of the Wayward Conqueror)
- Conqueror’s Deathbringer Gloves (Purchased from Paldesse in Dalaran for 1 Gauntlets of the Wayward Conqueror)
- Firestrike Cord (Purchased from Ao Pye in Townlong Steppes for 255g 72s. Requires Friendly with Shado-Pan Assault)
- Malevolent Gladiator’s Treads of Alacrity (Drops in Kun-Lai Summit, from Sha of Anger)
- Continuum Blade (Purchased from Alurmi in Tanaris for 44g 23s 44c. Requires Revered with Keepers of Time)
Then there’s the Corruptor set, here:
Featuring what is quite possibly the most perfect sword in the world for this set.
Level Required: 70
- Mantle of the Corruptor (Purchased from Kelara or Veynna Dawnstar in Shattrath City for 1 Pauldrons of the Vanquished Hero)
- Robe of the Corruptor (Purchased from Kelara or Veynna Dawnstar in Shattrath City for 1 Chestguard of the Vanquished Hero)
- Gloves of the Corruptor (Purchased from Kelara or Veynna Dawnstar in Shattrath City for 1 Gloves of the Vanquished Hero)
- Cord of Screaming Terrors (Drops in Serpentshrine Cavern, from The Lurker Below)
- Boots of the Shifting Nightmare (Drops in Serpentshrine Cavern, from Hydross the Unstable)
- Tempest of Chaos (Drops in Hyjal Summit, from Archimonde)
I will probably pair up tier sets like this, mostly because – well, they aren’t very unique! Still, sometimes a great and appropriate weapon makes all the difference in making a person love the tier sets again. (Like me!)